Our Physical Education Vision Statement.
All pupils leaving Shiney Row Primary School will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators.
- the engagement of all pupils in physical activity - kick-starting healthy, active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Monday – Times Tables Rock stars Homework Club – a chance to get the homework out of the way, improve your rock status and challenge others. Will include a drink and snack. £1.00 per week. Open to all KS2 children. 3.20-4pm
Tuesday – Boxercise – KS2 and Y2 only. Get fit and have fun with a qualified coach teaching non-contact boxing movements, great for boys and girls. 3.20- 4.15pm £2.50 per week.
Wednesday – Change4 LifeFamilies. Play fun games and learn about healthy lifestyle choices. 3.20- 4.15pm Available to all classes. £1.00
Thursday – Change4 Life Children. Play fun games and learn about healthy lifestyle choices. 3.20- 4.15pm Available to all classes. £1.00
To book your child onto a club please contact Mrs. Harris via. Class charts.
|Sporting Achievements 2021/2022|
|Sporting Achievements 2018 / 2019|
Shiney Row Primary School has achieved the Gold School Games Mark award for their commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport in 2015/16. A copy of our certificate can be downloaded by clicking here.