|Miller Homes Book Donation|
Miller Homes Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2017
MILLER HOMES BOOK DONATION BUILDS UP LIBRARY FOR SUNDERLAND PUPILS
CHILDREN from a Sunderland school are laying the foundations to literacy success after leading housebuilder Miller Homes donated a collection of 100 books to its new library.
Shiney Row Primary School opened the doors to a new library in September 2016 after relocating to its new site on Rear South View in Houghton-le-Spring, which will provide a home for the array of new books.
The housebuilder, which launched its Scholars Gate development off Success Road in 2016, a short distance from the school, made the donation to celebrate the educational heritage of its site located on the former Shiney Row College campus.
Andrew Somerville, sales manager at Miller Homes North East, said: “We are committed to creating sustainable communities and were keen to team up with Shiney Row Primary School, the local school to our Scholars Gate development, to help enhance pupils learning and interest in reading.
“The importance of good literacy skills should never be underestimated so we were delighted to be able to support the school in building up the supply of books in its new library. As the new school is located less than a mile from Scholars Gate, many of the families who find their new home on the development will be able to benefit from the books we have donated for years to come.”
Paul Ashton, headteacher at Shiney Row Primary School, added: “The books donated by Miller Homes will make a huge difference to our pupils. We received a great mix of books, from picture and story books to factual titles, that will cater for children across all of our key stage levels.
Our new library is considerably larger than our previous library, so the additional books will certainly give our pupils a much wider selection to choose from and enjoy.”
Scholars Gate in Houghton-le-Spring offers a mix of 128 quality new homes with a range of two, three, four and five-bedroom homes, with prices starting from £144,950*. For more information on this new development from Miller Homes, contact the sales office on 03300 372 602 or visit https://www.millerhomes.co.uk/new-homes/north-east/scholars-gate.aspx.
Disclaimer: *Upgrades available at additional costs.
Notes to editors:
- Over the last 80 years, Miller Homes has established a reputation for building outstanding quality family homes and providing forward thinking customer service. The company is committed to building homes safely in a way which is considerate to the environment.
- In 2016 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey for the fifth consecutive and the results of independent research highlighted that 94% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Miller Homes operates across three divisions Midlands & Southern, North of England and Scotland.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- Further information is available by visiting millerhomes.co.uk